28 February 2011
6 Month reflections
I made it through the first 6 months!!! I say that with great excitement as I am not known to sticking to one thing for too long! It's had it's ups and downs but all in all I love my locs.
Ignore the lighting on this one my skin is really playing as well but you get the idea!
The slight wave you see is the result of a flat twist out that I done on Saturday evening after I washed my hair. It turned out alright I think but will look even better with some more length.
-After 6 months on loc down it seems as though my hair is starting to loc, I am also noticing that it is growing as well.
- I am enjoying the freestyling of my locs although I wish the length was more uniform. I have done a braid out,a flat twist out and 2 cornrow styles in 6 months!
- My consultants chair is really uncomfortable and I am starting to "dread" my retight appointments as I end up suffering back pains anything up to 2 weeks after
- I have realised that the mountain of "grease" I used to apply to my hair was not needed to keep my hair moisturised, but that I do still need something...just haven't figured out what as my hair is quite dry and the ends break due to this
- I still get plenty of curious looks when out and about
- I still braid and band when washing
- I sleep on a satin headscarf tied to my pillow as wearing one directly makes me too hot at night
- I spritz with water sometimes!!
- Daily styling is running my hands through my hair...simples! lol
- Freedom baby!!
- Save a ton on the "latest" product
- Not constantly worrying about my next weave!
- My mother when talking to me, avoids looking at the top of my head
- Shampooing! I hate braiding and banding! I lost my sisterlocks starter shampoo and my consultant hasn't got any more. I have been having a hard time finding a good shampoo. I find that after I have shampoo'ed my hair that t looks grey in colour and that there is build up in my hair which as I don't use products, I have no idea where it stems from.
- My scalp itches from dry scalp
All in all it's been a great experience and I am looking forward to the next 6 months xx