16 September 2010

S.O.S Fellow lockers?!

















OK, so this is not the lick! I am in desperate need of help on this one. My fellow lockers, I have only been locked for 2 1/2 weeks now. My consultant advised me to wait a while until my first retight in another 2 weeks so I haven't washed. All I have done is spray my hair lightly with water, finger comb (no styling!) and tie my head at night with a scarf. Low and behold I have noticed for a few days now that when i do "run my fingers through my hair" that I am able to find at least 5 of them that are trying to do naughty things to the lock next to it! I know that you are supposed to seperate after washing, but as I have not yet washed I am really panicking about this cause I have to have MrMac up in my head helping me seperate them and my scalp is now on fire. What am I doing wrong? I dont know how much more I can take of finding these locks trying to join each other, the pain is just too much...is there anybody with any advice? ideas?

On another note I had DD1 count my locks yesterday 519 locks!! we weer only going for around 370, heck she had a chart and even planned how much would go where! how on earth did i end up with so many, great, now I am scared to death about washing and now about when it comes to retight. Me and MrMac are supposed to be going on a hot date (like the old days) next weekend and all the above coupled with my lacking styling skills...oh i dunno..guess it's safe to say I am not feeling too fly right now!...rant over I guess

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a new follower :)

Sounds like your hair grows really fast. Just be patient and keep doing what your doing.

http://ohmysisterlocks.blogspot.com

Nai said...

No need to worry, spritzing with water and hair growth will cause your hair to do the above, its natural ... :) Just gently separate by gently running fingers thru. I have to do this a lot. lt isn't a problem. There really should not be any pain, so speak to your consul.
The amount of locks you have, i think, depends on the density of your hair. again why worry? thicker hair = more locks .. (sisterlocks that is) I read somewhere that in order to have sisterlocks you need 400 and above ... don't quote me ... I can't remember the source.
Finally, I would not consider/ worry about styling until they settle and loc ...

Mrs Mac's Corner... said...

Thank you for your comments rmcandlelight and Nai. I have spoken to my consultant and we came up with some theories. As I dont spritz everyday but I am a person that sweats alot this could be contributing to the roots tanlging as well of course as the new growth. It still hurts to seperate them so she will e looking at this next week when i visit.

With the amount of locks I was just suprised as the consultant had only planned for around 370 so we are about 150 more lol, but true words, not to worry.

Thank you guys x